From the Boat-tailed Gackle to the European Starling, the animal kingdom is packed with some of the most gorgeous birds out there. Apart from the fact that they are easily recognizable, there is something unmistakably compelling about black-colored birds. Their magical and ever so mysterious charm never ceases to amaze birders and avid pet owners, and this almost makes it a necessity to offer them a fitting title that echoes with their powerful aura.
There is a general perception that surrounds black birds that they often tend to be aggressive. This is why many spectators tend to look down upon them.
However, this is only partly true, because these birds are as comfortable and welcoming around people as they are in the woods. In fact, their intelligence is marked by the fact that scavengers like Crows and Ravens have attuned themselves to the behavior of humans, who often discourage them from feeding on farm crops and carrions.
Whether you have newly become a parent to a black-toned bird or have had one for long, you know that naming your pet is a huge responsibility. Names are not only an excellent way of showing affection to the newest member of your family but also offer a unique identity to your birdie.
After hours of meticulous name-searching, we have handpicked over 200 awesome titles for your black bird, so that you pick the one that best represents your feathery friend!
But before getting started, remember that it doesn’t matter if your chosen name is culled from your favorite movie or after a long-lost friend, because there is a kaleidoscope of inspiration around you! So, unshackle all boundaries and get going!
Cute Black Bird Names
Contrary to popular belief, a black-colored bird is a cute and delightful sight. These birds give you the best company and throw an ocean of glee your way, lovingly enough for you to wonder how you ever lived without them! Listed below are some of the cutest names that you can choose from for your little pal. Have a look:
- Blackberry – A cute name for your black bird if it is as cute as a berry!
- Pickle – Use this name for a bird that’s as little as a pickle!
- Tatertot – In case you can’t decide between what you love more; your birdie or your food!
- Wingy – Pick this name for a bird that enchants you with its beautiful wings.
- Coffee – A delightful name that you can choose for a black and brown-colored pet bird.
- Twiggy – This title bears an extremely cute and pleasant ring to it!
- Bubu – This is an Egyptian name that translates into “glorious,” or “prosperous.”
- Zazu – This name is culled from the popular bird character in Disney’s The Lion King.
- Daffy – Use this lovable name for a black-colored duck.
- Howard – A name that is kept after a 1996 movie with the same title.
- Donald Duck – If you have a black duck, then it should certainly be a Donald.
- Pebbles – This name is ideal for a little bird with an all-black profile.
- Blackheart – In case you are completely in awe of how stunning your pet bird looks.
- Pickachu – He sure was yellow, but you cannot miss this adorable name for the world!
- Muddy – Indeed a captivating name that you can use for a playful pet.
- Buddy – If your black-colored bird is more like a friend to you.
- Baby – Pick this name if you are a bird parent and proud!
- BB – This is a classic abbreviation of “black bird,” in case you wish to keep it simple, yet significant!
- Cocoa – A name for a pet that comforts you like no other.
- Nutty – A cute and funny name for a bird that is a bit of a crazy head.
- Skittles – This name is inspired by the popular fruit-flavored candy with the same name.
- Peach – Use this name for a black-colored pet bird with a big rear side!
- Sissy – If you consider your pet bird no less than a sister.
- Lovebird – Pick this name for a pet bird you hold extremely dear to your heart.
- Bebe – This is another fancy and quirky way of calling your pet bird “baby.”
- Bub – If your little birdie means the world to you.
- Buzby – A name for a bird that is adorable beyond measure!
- Sweet Cheeks – Use this name if you love dropping a peck of love on your bird’s cheeks!
- Cackle – A name that is meant for a bird that simply cracks you up.
- Chick – This is a feisty and cute name for a female black-colored bird.
- Feathers – Pick this name for a very heavily feathered black bird.
- Frodo – This name sure sounds like one for dogs, but does pretty well on birds too!
- Goofy – Use this name if your black-toned bird induces bouts of smiles on your face with its antics.
- Itsy – If Itsy wasn’t a spider, then it would sure be a very loving bird!
- Lola – This name screams sass. Enough said!
Funny Black Bird Names
If your teeny tiny friend is great at amusing and making you laugh with its chuckle-worthy escapades, then it is probably best that you return the humor with an equally funny name!
It will not only resonate with your bird’s cheerful personality but also induce giggles whenever you call out your pet. So, below, we have listed some of the most comical names for black birds that have been curated with a hint of hilarity and sarcasm. Take a look:
- Mr. Beaky – A name you can use for a black bird that’s characterized by a prominently funny beak.
- Baldy – A funny name that is probably a great fit for a bald-headed eagle.
- Nutella – Food names always sound unexplainably hysterical, don’t they?
- Nimbus – Use this name for a long-tailed black bird.
- Ms. Chatterbox – A comical name to give a bird that just doesn’t stop talking.
- Peanut – A cute and funny name for a bird that’s actually peanut-sized!
- Clawy – This is a hilariously perfect way to describe a black-colored bird with sharp, scary claws.
- Kanye Nest – A punny name for your very own, in-house musician!
- Jimmy Talon – In case you really want your bird’s talons to stand out.
- Banjo – A whimsical name for a bird that is pretty much a singer!
- Blackie – If you want to describe the appearance of your bird, but with a touch of playfulness!
- Giggles – Use this name for a pet bird that never fails to make you grin.
- Peepee – A funny name to use for a pet bird who still needs to learn some manners.
- Screechy – A hysterical way to document all the craziness that you and your pet bird indulge in.
- Twitter – Use this name for a bird that keeps chirping all day long.
- Iago – Culled from the sarcastic parrot in Walt Disney Pictures’ Aladdin.
- Beaky Blinders – Tommy Shelby fans, where you at?
- Pappagallo – This name is indeed super funny to pronounce!
- Wing Man/Wing Woman – Use this name if your little birdie is literally a friend.
- Oprah and Winfrey – In case you happen to own two pet birds, a male, and a female!
- Poppy – What better than to offer your bird a name that it already loves to feed on?
- Floozy – A feisty name to describe a spunky pet bird.
- Zantedeschia – This name is inspired by a flower that bears the same title. It is also called the “Black Star,” so use it for a really special black-colored pet bird.
- Diva – If your bird acts like it is no less than a diva!
- Nutter & Butter – Use this comical name for a pair of pet birds.
Cool Black Bird Names
When you give it a thought, you’ll realize that birds are some of the coolest creatures among all the animals. They are confident, boast an enigmatic personality, and always on the go to take up thrilling enterprises!
If your black-colored pet bird carries all these attributes, then it probably deserves a title that’s as cool as it is. Have a look at the following options that seamlessly fit into this category:
- Madonna – Use this name for a bird that deserves to be treated like a celebrity.
- Lucifer – If your pet bird is one with some really devilish instincts!
- Vampy – If your bird loves you through your crazy Vampire obsession, it’ll happily bear this name.
Red And Black Bird Names
Red and black is a timeless combination that even stretches itself among birds, making them some of the most breathtaking creatures to gaze at. If your feathered friend boasts this spectacular color combination, then the names listed below will certainly be a perfect fit for it. Have a look:
- Choco Chip
Yellow And Black Bird Names
Have you ever spotted an American Goldfinch or a Hooded Oriole? These birds are admired for their striking yellow and black coloring that sets them apart from the crowd in a split second.
Listed below are some of the most ideal name options in case your pet birdie possesses the same color combination:
- Canny – This name also works for a Canary.
All Black Bird Names
Black-colored birds are a little bit of everything; haughty yet modest, easy yet indolent, and undeniably mysterious. However, there’s no denying the fact that they make the best pets ever with all the awesomeness that they bring to the table. Scroll through some great titles for your all-black birdie that will help accentuate its beauty even further:
Big Black Bird Names
Some people love making a grand entry into the pet-parenting world by getting a large-sized bird. These not-so-little creatures might give an intimidating first impression but are certainly the most captivating birds to look at.
If you own a big black bird, you’ll know that even if they outgrow your arms, they’ll never outgrow your heart! Here are some of the most fitting names for your biggie birdy:
- Jumpy Jumbo
- Big Bird
- Biggy B
- Mr. Big – Carrie Bradshaw’s love interest from Sex and the City!
- Mr. Pufferton
- Big Black
In The End
Let’s face it, the only thing more perplexing than taking proper care of your pet is to pick an appropriate name for it. Interestingly, now that you are armed with some of the more creative names for your black bird, choosing the best one will be a child’s play!
Pets are an indispensable part of our lives. Whether they’ve shared space with you for a day or have been your family member for years, you’ll feel closer to them every time you call them by the name that you have lovingly chosen.
Remember, the name you pick for them will tell a lot about your equation with your bird. Be it something as random as Ms. Jello, or a serious title inspired by your pet’s habits, the key is to choose something that you both will connect with, as time passes. Good luck!