As a pet owner, you always want your pet to have the best life. And having a cute nickname makes it better. Letting your pet have a cute name is a great way of showing you care.
One of my favorite pets is the Blue Budgie Parrot, which I named Daisy. This article is about cute names for blue colored birds such as parrots, cockatoos, and lovebirds. These funny names will make you laugh when shouting them out during playtime with your beloved best friend.
One of the best things about being newly proclaimed parents to a blue-colored bird is choosing a name for it. If you think picking names for birds is a piece of cake—think again!
Finding the right name for your feathery friend is important because it gives it a unique identity and character. Also, many people believe that it’s the easiest way to bond with your bird.
Word of caution: While you must get acquainted with your blue colored bird and then decide on a name that echoes its persona, always dodge names that are difficult to call out—don’t settle on a tongue twister! As you get habitual to your chosen name, it becomes more meaningful to your pet. In fact, studying your bird’s behavior is a fantastic source of inspiration to seek new ideas.
So, without any further ado let’s jump onto the list of over 200 cute and quirky names that will fit your bird almost like a second skin! Who knows? You might discover the one that clicks with the new members of your family in an instant!
Popular Names For Blue Birds
Bird owners are passionate about the names they select. From movie characters to food items and celebrity monikers, you can name your pet after some of the most popular things and people out there!
Therefore, we have surveyed a gamut of options that’ll help you seal the deal. Have a look:
- Rio – Titled after the animated film Rio
- Scuttle – Named after a seagull from The Little Mermaid
- Hedwig – Harry’s snowy owl in the Harry Potter series
- Donald – The most quintessential bird character created by Walt Disney
- Zazu – Named after The Lion King’s red-billed hornbill
- Tweety – Perhaps Warner Bros’ most iconic bird character!
- Kevin – Named after a gigantic South American waterfowl from the movie Up
- Blu – A domesticated bird from the Rio franchise
- Louie – Donald Duck’s nephew!
- Dewey Duck – One of the major characters from DuckTales
- Iago – A scarlet macaw as Aladdin’s secondary antagonist
- Daisy Duck – Donald Duck’s girlfriend from Micky Mouse Clubhouse
- McQuack – A duck pilot from DuckTales
- Flit – An eccentric hummingbird from Disney’s 1995 production, Pocahontas
- Diablo – Maleficent’s pet raven from Sleeping Beauty
- Ludwig Von Drake – Walt Disney’s admired anthropomorphic duck
- Sheldon – A chick egg in Garfield and Friends
- Dodo – A fictional character from Lewis Carroll’s Alice In Wonderland
- Drake Mallard – Disney’s St. Canard’s alter-ego
- Heckle – A black-feathered magpie from Heckle and Jeckle
- Thundra – Named after a phoenix in Aladdin
- Plucky – From the series Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation
- Henry – Enola Holmes’ newest sensation!
- Pingu – The clumsy baby penguin from “Pingu,” a children’s television series
- Louis – The protagonist in E.B. White’s The Trumpet of the Swan
- Beaky Buzzard – Named after a character in the animated cartoon series, Looney Tunes: Back in Action
- Waddlesworth – A parrot in 102 Dalmatians
- Bertie – Tuca and Bertie’s famous cartoon character
- Tuca – Another character from the show Tuca and Bertie
- Radon – The mighty flying reptile from Rodan
- Shirley McLoon – Named after a female waterfowl from Tiny Toon Adventures
- Dinky – 1939’s popular Terrytoons’ cartoon character
- Roly-Poly – From the world of Roald Dahl’s books
- Looney Bird – The infamous Billy Bob’s sidekick
- Melissa – A character from the Baby Looney Tunes Show
- Jonathan – Named after Richard Bach’s character in Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Isabeau – The Red-tailed hawk from Ladyhawke
- Max – Named after Elizabeth Taylor’s Yellow-nape Amazon
- Paulie – A disobedient parrot in a movie with the same name
- Margalo – From the Stuart Little movie.
- Kes – A pet falcon from 1969’s Kes
- Dahl – Kennedy family’s household pet in the television soap opera, Neighbours
- Polly – Named after Martha Washington’s pet parrot
- Bluebell – One of John F. Kennedy’s pair of parakeets
- Marybelle – the other bird from the pair of John F. Kennedy’s parakeets
- Kiwi – A fruit with an intriguing taste and appearance. Also, a flightless bird species from New Zealand
Quirky Names For Blue Birds
Birds are always seen demonstrating their chirpy and carefree selves. They’re always on the move to draw our attention towards their goofiness. That’s why their buoyant disposition calls for picking a name that defines their true identity and adds more sparkle to it!
From famous personality knockoffs to distinctive tags, there are an array of options to choose from. So, here are a few quirky and hysterical names for blue birds that’ll crack you up in a moment!
- Bam boo
- Uncle Frank
- Meryl Cheep
- Chick Jagger
- J Lo
- Mr. Bean
Color Specific Names For Blue Birds
Another great way to choose a name for your feathered friend is to target the hues of its body. Blue-colored birds are one of the fascinating raptors across the world and are distinguished from other species due to their incomparable charm.
Their vibrant azure bodies mirror the shades of the sky, leaving their pet owners and visitors simply spellbound. While researching, we even stumbled across a set of finches named Mrs. White and Mr. Red!
So, here is a list of the most striking names for blue-colored birds that’ll be a great addition to your range of options!
- Azure – Derived from the Spanish origin. Translates into “sky blue.”
- Celeste – Named after the Latin word Céleste, meaning heavenly.
- Sapphire – An English version of the Hebrew name, translating into a “gem.”
- Aqua – Embodies sea-blue color and vast oceanic waves.
- Blue – A quite literal name for your blue-colored bird.
- Teal – Named after a stunning bluish-green color.
- Kai – A Hawaiian name that translates into “sea.”
- Bluebell – The name of a delicate flower occurring from American origin.
- Azura – A female Spanish name that means sky blue.
- Blueberry – A popular fruit that also means “Gift of God” in English.
- Oceane – A sophisticated French name that translates into the “ocean.”
- Sprinkle – The act of splashing of water, used to address a pet with a joyous character.
- Luna – A Latin name that means the Moon.
- Cobalt – Originates from the German word “Cobald,” which means Goblin.
- Midnight – An atypical name to describe your unique bird.
- Berry – A small fruit of English origin. Can be used to name a tiny bird.
- Bluford – A distinctive name for an unidentified place.
- River – Means a stream of water that drifts into the sea.
- Misty – From the Old English Origin. Translates into “mist.”
- Lagoon – An Italian word that means a lake or pond.
- Bay – A feminine, Old French name with the meaning “berry.”
- Chip – A friendly name for bird pets.
- Rocky – A great name if your blue-hued friend is a fighter!
- Indigo – A feminine name of Indian origin that translates into “Indian dye.”
- Skye – A nature-inspired name that’s similar to the sky.
- Frosty – Well-suited for a cool and funky bird.
- Shiny – A name for a bird that represents ecstasy.
- Bloo – Poised and spontaneous.
- Starry – A pet’s name with a gleaming personality.
- Judi – A Hebrew name for someone who is “praised.”
- Petunia – A lovely trumpet-shaped flower for a beautiful bird.
- Ciara – Means “dark-haired” in Irish.
- Jasmine – “God’s Gift” in Persian.
- Jay – A male Sanskrit name that translates into “victory.”
- Drizzle – Represents lightly-falling rain.
- Livia – A Latin word that means “life.”
- Moana – Signifies a wide, blue expanse of the ocean.
- Saphira – A Latin, Hebrew, and Greek name that means “blue.”
- Midnight – Synonymous with the deep cobalt color of the night sky.
- Abigail – A Hebrew name with intense female-power behind it.
- Floaty – A breezy name to lovingly call out your pet.
- Royale – Translates into “Regal” for your royal bird!
- Turquoise – Originates from the French expression “Turkish stone.”
- Bisman – Denotes something with a deep blue or blackish body.
- Clodwal – Used to address someone with an icy cold persona.
- Marlais – Belongs to the Welsh origin. Translates into “blue color.”
- Linnaeus – A bird named after a blue-toned flower.
- Okeley – A quaint variation of the blue sapphire.
- Viorel – A title with a phonetic glamour that translates into the bluebell flower.
- Claramay – A beautiful blend of blue and pink.
- Sini – A poetic denotation of the blue color.
- Lapis – Taken from the dazzling blue metamorphic rock, Lapis Lazuli
Male Blue Bird Names
After spending days choosing the ideal name for your blue bird, the last thing you want is for it to be of the opposite gender. Even in real life, you may have come across male birds with girl-like names, such as Bobbi, which makes no sense!
Mistaking a name for the wrong gendered pet is not just a major faux pas among pet parents, but it also fails to speak for your bird’s identity. Here is a list of some endearing male names for blue birds to help you make the right choice:
Female Blue Bird Names
Female birds zealously dance into the wind, sing pleasantly, and create their own new language. Although they are less flashier than their male counterparts, there’s a spark in them that birders and owners simply can’t get enough of. Here, we have the greatest female names for blue birds to help you decide which one you should go for.
From exploring flower names to those of Disney princesses, you can seek inspiration from a boundless range of things around. Have a look:
Blue Bird Names Inspired From Foods
If you are a big-time foodie, you may thoroughly cherish naming your dearest pet bird after food! From Peach to Pepper, there are various fun choices to pick a name from. We have listed a few for you:
Conclusion: Cute and Funny Blue Bird Names
As a pet owner, choosing a name for your mesmerizing blue colored bird is certainly a huge responsibility on your shoulders. That’s exactly why we’ve come to your rescue with this article to save you some extra hours and help you pick the best name for your beloved! A name is something that will stay with your bird forever. It’ll not just define its breathtaking color, but also help you establish a magical equation with your pet.
We hope you now are well equipped and confidently ready to select your favorite name. There’s one thing that every bird parent should remember, though.
If you’ve adopted a Hyacinth Macaw or other bird species that talk and know their name, don’t attempt to change it. While it won’t impart any major harm, it’ll definitely end up confusing them. Or, your bird may simply not pay heed to the name you’ve chosen and refer to itself with its original name! In essence, pick a name that you love calling out and the one they love hearing.