With an aura that is just as flashy and zestful as their crest, the cockatoos trace their way among some of the most popular creatures of the bird universe, and understandably so! Although these birds belong to the Cacatuidae family and are largely known for the exquisite fan of feathers that are positioned over their heads, there is a deluge of ways in which the cockatoos fascinate all the bird lovers around.
These birds are characterized by the harsh and loud vocalizations that they tactfully employ to perform various tasks, some of which are indicating distinct moods, recognizing ones of their own kind, establishing solidarity with their flock, and even signaling danger.
Luckily, these intelligent, energetic, and fun-loving birds make excellent companions, provided their rather complex requirements and needs are satisfactorily met. A well socialized and raised cockatoo makes an amazing pet and also induces bouts of laughter with its mischievous and comical shenanigans.
Typically, the playfully silly cockatoos are lauded for their extremely affectionate nature. So, if you have always wanted a cuddly pet that keeps hovering over you for a lovable canoodling session, then these creatures will be the perfect addition to your family.
The fact that these birds love capturing everyone’s attention adds perfectly with their easygoing disposition of allowing almost every visitor to pet them! What more could a bird aficionado want?
If you have recently become a pet parent to a wonderful cockatoo, you must be in search of an amazing name to call it. This is why this article will acquaint you with some of the most adorable titles to address your beloved bird.
Brace yourselves to explore some of the greatest name recommendations that will make your name-finding expedition a lot more fun, and a lot less troublesome!
Cute Cockatoo Names
How often do you stumble across a bird that voluntarily shows up to cuddle with you, has a brain of its own (and makes use of it), and is super fun to be around? Well, your pet cockatoo is your all-in-one package of entertainment, and deserves a cute endearment that resonates with the heaps of joys that it radiates!
Below, we have listed some of the most fulfilling name suggestions for you to pick from that will melt your heart in an instant. Have a look:
- Teddie – This is a delightful name for your pet cockatoo, especially because it bears a loving, cuddly nature.
- Taco – Food-inspired names always make the best ones!
- Tabasco – A sweet and feisty moniker for a pet cockatoo with a temper.
- Sunshine – Use this name for a pet cockatoo that never fails to light up your life.
- Button – A great name for a pet bird that’s undeniably cute as a button!
- Starlight – In case you are a sucker for mystic names, just like we are.
- Starburst – A cheerful bird like a cockatoo surely deserves this endearment.
- Squawker – Pick this name for your cockatoo in case you want to document its highly talkative demeanor.
- Snuggles – Again, an affectionate name for an affectionate bird!
- Rainbow – Use this title for a pet cockatoo that adds colors to your life.
- Pumpkin – A darling name that looks adorable on both; humans and pet birds alike.
- Cute Bean
- Peppy – We love this moniker for a pet bird that’s always lively to be around.
Funny Cockatoo Names
You are probably living under a rock if you have not yet watched one of those hilarious cockatoo psycho bird or war dance videos! With their crazy and delinquent frolics, these birds make the most hilarious pets ever.
They love to sing, and once you develop a close bond with them, these smarties will try to repeat anything they hear to add a humorous element to your dull day!
While most of the species ultimately learn to talk, their most likable quality is the “cousin it” sound to their voice that lends bouts of whim whenever they speak.
Simply put, be prepared to be entertained and amused by your pet cockatoo, and meanwhile, have a look at some of the funniest name recommendations that you can choose from.
- Jell-O – A silly name for your loving pet cockatoo.
- Honkers – Pick this whimsical title for a pet cockatoo that just doesn’t stop talking.
- Cookie – Indeed, the perfect blend of cute and funny.
- Giggles – Because that’s what your flying friend is adept at inducing!
- Fruit Loop
- Dumbnut – Your cockatoo ain’t no dumb bird, but this name will sure add a funny element to its identity!
- Feathers – A punny name as you go literal with this option.
- Boomerang – A name that funnily testifies to your cockatoo’s habit of imitating whatever you say.
- Bobo – Because we are suckers for silly-sounding names!
- Ozzie – Because a Z in your birdie’s name adds a stylish edge to it!
- Mr. O’Toole
Black Cockatoo Names
Truth be told, black-colored birds are so mesmerizing to look at that they deserve special attention! Their glossy, dark plumage is their most distinguishable characteristic, and despite all their spunk, they are as cuddly and soft-hearted as their colorful companions.
If you happen to own one of these pitch-dark beauties, then you are most certainly familiar with what a treat they are to the eyes.
Here are some of the best name suggestions, each of which will act as an embellish to the identity of your bewitching pet cockatoo. Have a look:
- Dusk – A beautiful name that is used to describe the darker phase of twilight, and is ideal for a black-colored cockatoo.
- Black Betty – We love this name for an all-black cockatoo.
- Lucifer – A lighthearted title for a pet with mischievously devilish instincts.
- Pearl – This breathtaking name will wonderfully contrast on a black-toned cockatoo.
- Tyler – Pick this name for a pet cockatoo that bears a fairly intimidating personality.
- Espresso – A great option to choose if you can’t live without both; your black cockatoo, and your morning cup of joe!
- Batman – Your pet cockatoo will be honored to bear this wonderful name!
- Noir – This name carries such sheer suave to it.
- Mystique – Quite an impressionable French name that translates into “air of mystery.”
Female Cockatoo Names
Both the female and male cockatoos are quite similar in terms of appearance, but there are a handful of differences you can consider to distinguish between the two genders. For starters, their eyes do all the talking! The brown-toned iris of the females contrasts from that of the male species’ black, or dark brown eyes.
However, you can only spot this difference when your pet reaches adulthood, because all their younglings usually bear brown eyes. Furthermore, the female cockatoos are also identified by their horn-colored or white beak.
If you have recently welcomed a female friend to your home, then here are some of the most fitting endearments that will certainly be a delight for you and your pet alike!
- Lulu – Because we are suckers for such silly and sweet names.
- Grace – Pick this title for a pet cockatoo that’s always poised and proper with her ways.
- Jenny – Indeed a playful name for a female pet cockatoo that’s always in high spirits.
- Marilyn – A great name to pick for a bird that captures your heart with its beauty.
- Duchess – Because your dear pet is worth being treated like royalty!
- Granny – Use this moniker for a pet cockatoo that’s clearly an old soul.
- Joy – A heartwarming name for a flying friend that brings oodles of joy to your life.
- Bonnie – An amazing name for a female cockatoo that’s the Bonnie to your Clyde!
- Kiki – There’s nothing wrong with adding a humorous and fun element to your pet’s identity!
Male Cockatoo Names
Make provisions; you are about to witness some crazy gentleman energy with the arrival of your male pet cockatoo! Despite the fact that there is not much of a difference between the behavior of males and females, there is one fact about this gender that you must know.
As soon as male cockatoos reach the adult stage, they lasciviously begin mating with different objects at your home or their female counterparts. Ofttimes, their endeavor to indulge in reproduction can be quite annoying, but keeping them distracted is a great way to get rid of this tendency.
Perky, mighty, and virtuous, you can scroll through some of the finest names that we have in store for your darling cockatoo:
- Ted – Because your pet cockatoo loves canoodling with you.
- Pheonix – Quite a powerful name for a pet cockatoo with a dynamic personality.
- Hercules – Use this name for a male cockatoo with looks that can kill!
- Naughty – A great name to choose for a pet bird that loves pulling pranks on you.
Rose-Breasted Cockatoo Names
Friendly, wise, and easy to be around, the Rose-breasted Cockatoo, also known as the Galah cockatoo holds a wonderful reputation for being quite an affectionate pet!
Although these sensitive creatures aren’t much of cuddlers, yet they are mostly accustomed to handling. With an entire pool of love that they throw onto their pet owners, in return, these birds demand a significant amount of interaction and attention in return.
Our one (and only) advice for dealing with the Rose-breasted Cockatoos would be to show your love and attentiveness towards these bundles of joy, otherwise, they have a tendency of falling into depression or channel their destructive mode if they feel ignored for too long!
Here are some of the best names we have compiled for this species:
- Pinky Poo
- Screechy – A name inspired by your pet’s habit of screeching whenever it is excited, scared, or needs your attention!
- Mr. Grey
- Free Bird – Because these birds tend to require a lot more space for their size.
- Pal – We love this name for these cockatoos, considering how these intelligent birds love interacting with humans!
Goffin Cockatoo Names
Thanks to their friendly and sociable demeanor, bringing a Goffin cockatoo to your home almost feels like chilling with a friend! These energetic birds are inquisitive and playful by nature and in spite of their relatively smaller profile, bear a larger-than-life personality that pet owners cherish.
No pet-human relationship is complete without a daily dose of entertainment, and the Goffin cockatoos wholeheartedly fulfill this duty by showcasing their mischievous manners! Also, don’t be amazed if your cockatoo manages to unlock the latch of the cage once it observes you doing it, because this bird is an excellent learner.
Below, we have handpicked some of the most well-suited monikers for these beauties, so have a look:
- Brat – Yes, your Goffin cockatoo loves getting spoilt with heaps of love and affection!
- Miss Pretty – A name that does justice to the beautiful plumage of your pet Goffin cockatoo.
Australian Cockatoo Names
The Australian territory houses a whopping number of around 14 species of cockatoos. While most of them predominantly bear a white plumage, you can even spot other species, such as the red-crested Gang-gang Cockatoo, the bold-toned Carnaby’s Black Cockatoo, and more!
If you happen to be pet parents to any one of these stellar Aussie inhabitants, then here are a few names on our list that you can choose from.
Have You Found The One Yet?
Cockatoos are among some of the most admired and petted comrades of the bird universe. A word of caution though, these flying marvels are known for their expeditious mood swings—one moment your pet will be shrieking and wailing its lungs out, and next thing you know, it’ll jump onto you for a doting bear hug!
While cockatoos keep you on your toes with their mischievous streak of comedy, their everlasting affection will make you wonder how you ever lived without them! We hope that our roundup of over 200 names has helped you find the one that strikes a chord with both, you and your pet alike.
If you’re still in a fix, then a great way to decide would be to filter out your top contenders and pick a name that your cockatoo best responds to.