With their stark red triangular crest, vibrantly-colored feathers, and an elongated tongue, woodpeckers are truly nature’s marvel. Although many birders believe that they are not the friendliest birds out there, the other school of thought claims that these birds are adorable to keep as pets, and we believe it!
Whether it is the summer breeze or the chilly winter blow, you can hear these treetop clarinetists drumming to create melodies and leaving you in awe. The attribute that sets a woodpecker apart from other species is the resistance of its beak that almost reminds us of a jackhammer.
Despite all the arduous pecking, this bird manages to escape a head injury or a headache! This is because the bills of a woodpecker help allocate the shock across its sturdy skull. Moreover, the tongue of this bird is around three times its total length. Fascinating, isn’t it?
If you have just welcomed a woodpecker as a new pet, or planning to get one, you must be in search of a fitting name for this terrific bird. This is why, in this article, we have lined up over 200 cute and funny titles for you to pick from.
However, before browsing through our list, make sure that you take out some time to analyze the characteristics, personality, and traits of your new pet birdie. This is because it’s a given that you will be living with your woodpecker for a long time to come, so it’s best that you wisely select a name that fits them like a glove!
Meanwhile, we have brainstormed some amazing monikers to get you inspired, and this list might just carry the name you’ve been yearning to find for your pet. So, have a look:
Cute Woodpecker Names
With all their quirks and the sass they throw around, woodpeckers are undoubtedly some of the most charming creatures ever. Seldom do they create any trouble, but seem like they are always up and running for some delightful mischief! Listed below are some extremely endearing names that will perfectly describe your sweet little bird, so take a look:
- Woo – Because that’s what these majestic creatures are great at!
- Percussionist – If you love humming to the tune of your pet woodpecker’s melodies.
- Pecky – When all your woodpecker wants to do is peck, peck, and peck!
- Read Head – Quite literally! All adult woodpeckers are identified by their red-colored heads.
- Pebble – A delightful name for your teeny tiny pet woodpecker.
- Marvel – We like to call woodpeckers, nature’s marvel.
- Woodie the Goodie
- Button – In case your pet woodpecker is cute as a button!
- Big Red
- Wood Hood
- Doo Da
- Ting Tang
- Tidy – Use this name if you happen to own a white-headed woodpecker. These creatures are known to deftly grasp the pinecones to steer clear of the gooey pinesap.
- Pretty Boy
- Woodie Peck
Funny Woodpecker Names
People love documenting their funny sides by transforming themselves into comical cats or dogs through Snapchat filters—but do you know what’s effortlessly funnier? A woodpecker with no filter!
Your friendship with your pet bird is sure to bring a warm smile (and giggles) to your face. Scroll down below to have a look at some of the most whimsical names for your pet woodpecker:
- Dollar – Because your pet woodpecker is worth every penny.
- Woody Doody
- I’m-Peck-Able – A funny and quirky name for an adorable pet woodpecker.
- Woody-Two-Shoes – In case you are a sucker for punny names for your birdie!
- Cheese – Food names always appear whimsical!
- TeePee – Pick this comical name for a tiny-sized pet woodpecker.
- K-Drama – Use this name in case your pet bird loves to catch all the attention!
- Brownie – Quite a relevant and hysterical name for a brown-colored woodpecker.
- Sheriff Woody – This name is culled by the hilarious animated character in Disney’s Toy Story.
- Ton-Gua-Ling – Because your pet woodpecker bears a very long tongue!
- PixiBae – This is a punny wordplay on the Picidae bird family, which is home to all kinds of woodpeckers.
- Dawg – When your pet bird is your go-to buddy to chill with.
Cool Woodpecker Names
There is an unexplainable appeal that tags along with a stylish bird name. If your pet woodpecker steals the show with its spunk and is rebel enough to dance to its own tune, then it deserves an equally cool title.
This is why we have scrolled through the annals of antiquity and listed some of the greatest sassy names for your birdie that brim with sheer savagery! Take a look:
- Luke – Skywalker. Enough said!
- Men in Black – Use this name in case you own a pair of two woodpeckers!
- Percy Jackson
- Tommy Shelby – Honestly, there’s nothing more exciting than Tommy Shelby from the Peaky Blinders.
- Logan – This name is inspired by the real name of Wolverine.
- Zale – This is an epic name for a mighty woodpecker that bears the meaning “sea of strength.”
- Mr. Spunk
- Bertha – A unique Germanic name for a female woodpecker that translates into “bright,” and “famous.”
- Sun – Indeed a powerful way to address a powerful woodpecker.
- Orion – Translates into “hunter,” or “son of fire,” and is popularly known for the Orion’s Belt constellation.
- Scarlet – This eccentric name is inspired by your woodpecker’s red-colored head.
- Aziz – This terrific name translates into “all-powerful.”
- Bjorn – This name for your pet woodpecker is pronounced as “B-yorn.”
- Marvel – We can literally hear the word “badass” every time this title comes around.
- Voldemort – Culled from Tom Riddle’s sobriquet in the Harry Potter series.
- Batman and Robin – Use these peppy names for a pair of woodpeckers.
- Nemo – Nemo was the cutest, wasn’t he?
- Mr. Peckery
Pet Woodpecker Names
Many people love keeping woodpeckers as pets, and if you are one of them, then you have a whole lot of fun and charm to unleash with your feathered friends! Below, we have listed some of the sweetest titles for your newly brought pet that we love, and you will too. So, without any further ago, let’s get going:
- Pit Pet
- Bill – This name seems like such an appropriate title to give!
- Romeo – In case you want to let your endless love affair with your dearest pet out!
- Sweet Cheeks
- Mr. (Your Surname) – This is a personalized name for your pet, in case you want it to feel like a part of your family!
- Ms. (Your Surname) – Feel free to add your surname, and use this name to address a female woodpecker.
- Snappy – Use this for a pet woodpecker that takes no time to get all fired up!
- Sissy Missy
- Hairy Harry – In case your little birdie is blessed with a beautiful set of feathers.
- Homie – An ideal name for a friend that sticks by your side no matter what.
- Green Bean – Pick this name if you happen to own a green-colored woodpecker.
- Cello – This is a musical instrument-inspired name for a pet woodpecker that’s a born performer!
- Nutty – Because that’s what your little birdie loves to eat the most.
- Sticky Licky
- Whip – A cute and funny name for a pet that means the world to you.
- Gal Pal
- Heartbeat – Pick this adorable name for a pet that you simply cannot live without.
- Drumma – If your birdie always gets you in the groove!
Woody Woodpecker Names
It’s no surprise that woodpeckers bear an intriguing name, but did you know why they are called “woodpeckers” in the first place? Well, these birds get their name from the way they forage for their food.
They use their strong beaks to drill through the tree trunks and carve out holes in the wood. Below, we have listed some of the most awesome names that revere your pet woodpecker in the most lovable manner. Have a look:
- Woody Allen – This name is derived from the popular American film director, Woody Allen.
- Striker – Because your pet woodpecker always hits the right spot!
- Whoppie – If your feathered friend gets you excited every time it’s around!
- Flashy – This title is inspired by the bright plumage of your woodpecker.
- PeakPeck – Fun fact: Woodpeckers can effortlessly peck as high as 8,000 to 12,000 pecks every day, which makes it around 20 times each second!
“Peck” Your Favorite Name Today!
So, this was all about some of the cutest and funniest names for your pet woodpecker. Indeed, your little birdie isn’t just great at pecking through the tree trunk, but also making its way to your heart!
With its notorious, yet adorable antics and mesmerizing plumage, this bird seamlessly levels up to the list of the most unique creatures on the planet. So, its unique personality makes it all the more imperative for you to choose a name that almost feels like it was curated just for your pet!
We hope that our roundup has equipped you with the best titles around the block, and now it is up to you to pick the best jewel from our treasure! Remember, in the end, it all boils down to selecting a name that you and your feathery pal can connect with.